Re: Dial-up PPP

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jeff Hogg" <tastin catchnet net>
To: <redhat-install-list redhat com>
Sent: Tuesday, October 24, 2000 4:17 PM
Subject: Re: Dial-up PPP

> This may just be a typo, but you need to use ttyS1 not ttys1 to access
that
> device.  As to the dropped connection, sounds like it isn't handling the
> account login right perhaps.  What tools did you use to set up the dial up
> account?  netcfg works well on 6.2 for most things.  Does your isp use pap
> or a generic login script?  Let us know :)
>
> Jeff Hogg

The /dev/ttyS1 worked and I get correct info from setserial. I don't recall
that the how-tos listed the command as ttyS1. Oh well, that issue is taken
care of. Now for the dropped connection. If the information I have is
correct, the isp is using pap. I'm pretty sure they are strictly a M$ shop
(unfortunately.) I'll call them and see if I can get some more info from
them this morning.

Thanks
Brian