From: Jeff Lane [mailto:jlane redhat com]
Sent: Friday, October 27, 2000 9:23 AM
To: redhat-install-list redhat com
Subject: RE: RedHat 7.0 and Matrox G400 compatibility

On Fri, 27 Oct 2000, Colin J. Raven wrote:

> Anyone from RedHat care to comment on this one?
> There's a $5500 workstation on hold until we can successfully resolve this
> issue.
> Regards,
> -Colin

Hey... read my other posts... <grin>

I have the Precision 420 here wiht the 32 MEg G400.  the original mga
driver didnt work too well with the card.  I was forced to use X
3.3.6.  there is a new driver
http://www.matrox.com/mga/support/drivers/files/linux_03.cfm here!!

I found it!!!

from the matrox site:
This driver is based on the open source development being done within the
XFree86 Project. The driver remains unmodified, with the exception of the
display adapter initialization, which has been replaced with a closed
source Matrox library. This special library enables features such as
DualHead, TV out, and support for digital flat panel monitors.

The readme included instructions for gettiung DRI and multihead working as
well.

I feel much better now that i have found htat driver again.

cheers

 --
Jeffrey D Lane

2600 Meridian Parkway   (919) 547-0012x168
Durham, NC 27713        (888) REDHAT1x168

"I propose that every city have a telephone
number 119 -- for dyslexics> who have an
emergency." -George W. Bush