From: Jean Francois ORTOLO <ortolojf cybercable fr>
To: redhat-install-list redhat com
Subject: PostgreSQL/MySQL: Which is best?
Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2000 08:15:47 +0200

Hi all
  I only want to port a RDBMS program, from SQLWindows under Windoze98,
to RedHat 7.0, which I got installed on my PC AMD K6/2 450.
  There was no problem in the install.
  I believe I can choose from two RDBMS choices: PostgreSQL, and MySQL.

  There is my question:  Which is the most stable/well running RDBMS,
being assumed I ran the test package for PostgreSQL, which showed some
errors for numeric fields, such as 'int4', 'int8', 'float8', and so on.

  I ran the test with the PostgreSQL installed from the CD *.rpm's ( not
respin CD ), after having been compiling the test package the way the
PostgreSQL-HOWTO indicates. So much it should'nt be any error in the
process, though the amount of errors, astonishes me.

All advices welcome.

Jean Francois Ortolo