SB Live Value

Has anybody been able to configure a SB Live Sound Card.

They have a driver on their download page which I've downloaded and simply
cant get to work.

It was saying that I needed to have a non SMP kernel so I recompiled it,
then it said that I had the wrong version (theirs was for 2.0.2 and 2.2.5 or
somehing) so I used the "insmod -f" command.
This gives me a whole pile of "cant resolve _______ symbol" type messages.

How did anybody else do this, ie is there an easy way.

PS I've got 6.1 but am shortly going to 7.0. Does this matter, ie will it
make it any easier and this question void ?

Thanks,

  Damian Del Campo,  B.Eng (Comp Sys - Hons)
  Software Engineer,  SAGRN Project
  Phone  	08 8401 7037	(Flinders St)
  Fax      	08 8231 1385
  E-mail  	Damian DelCampo team telstra com