Re: Modifying environment variables

On Sat, 21 Jul 2001 20:54:46 -0400 Art Ross <aross skyenet net> imparted
to us:

> I'm installing the ISIS program for image processing.  It's a NASA
> program that requires me to modify the user's environment variables.
> According to the instructions, I run a script that creates two files;
> isis_cshrc and isis_profile.  Both of these files are placed in the
> users home directory as; .cshrc and .profile.  Well, I did this and
> for
> some reason, the user's environment isn't getting modified.
>   What am I not doing correctly?
>   Best Regards,
>   Art

My guess (and that's all it is) would be that you'll need to study those
two files (the ones created) and figure out how to incorporate the
contents into ~/.bash_profile and ~/.bashrc unless you want to install
csh and use it instead. If you used csh I don't know if it uses a file
called .profile or not, but that might work. The only other alternative
would be to make it available to all logins by placing the stuff in
/etc/profile and /etc/bashrc instead.

--
2 days without a Human Rights Violation!