Re: "Bringing up interface eth0" [FAILED] problem.

You don't have a module for your network card. This is kind of a dumb
question because you have to turn it off, but, does kudzu run at boot? In
other words, do you see a message indicating that new hardware is being
looked for?

Another question, which usually is asked about winmodems, but, is your
network card completely plug-n-play? (translation: put it in and watch
windows use it poorly, all other OSes miss it entirely).

--
Karl L. Pearson
Senior Consulting Systems Analyst