partition magic, NTFS and XP

I bought PM7.0 specifically to convert my C: from NTFS to FAT32 in order to get RW access from redhat. PM refuses to do this, saying that the partition contains compressed or spares files. Does anyone know how I get rid of these? (WinXP is no more helpful about it than you might expect - as far as I can see there's no way to search for files with these attributes and no way to switch them off globally).

(I got no response to this from the Powerquest site - this list seems more responsive. If anyone from there is reading this -- it would be REALLY helpful if PM identified the offending files!)
KD
----
Dr Keith B.G. Dear, Senior Fellow
Centre for Mental Health Research (CMHR) and
National Centre for Epidemiology and Popn Health (NCEPH)
The Australian National University, Canberra ACT 0200
Phone 02-612-54865 (NCEPH), 02-612-58412 (CMHR)