Where do rc.firewall messages go to?

I've set up /etc/ppp/ip-up.local to call /etc/rc.d/rc.firewall (which I
copied from ipmasq.cjb.net). It obviously works, because the firewall
and NAT work as expected afterwards, and I assume the script is being
called as expected at the time the ADSL (ppp0) connection is
automatically started, but I would like to know where all the 'echo'
messages go. I've looked in /var/log/messages and /var/log/dmesg, but
can't see anything.

-John