Re: Dual boot with winxp using grub

Larry Brown wrote:
does this work with NTFS??

NTFS is not a bootable filesystem. NT/2K/XP must boot through a FAT (FAT-16 or FAT-32) partition before it can bring NTFS filesystems on- line. Granted, the FAT partition can be pretty small, but it must boot FAT, then as windows comes up, the NTFS drivers load.

This is the same reason you can't boot a compressed drive--you need a
compressed filesystem driver.

----- Original Message ----- *From:* Ben Segbawu <mailto:bsegbawu Solucient com> *To:* 'redhat-install-list redhat com' <mailto:'redhat-install-list redhat com'> *Sent:* Thursday, September 19, 2002 3:31 PM *Subject:* RE: Dual boot with winxp using grub

Actaully I found a way to do it I used grub

    Do sfdisk -l to find out what partitions you have on your system. If
    you have  fat patition that xp uses for mbr then

You can vi /etc/grub.conf

Using the same format use

*title** Windows XP*

* rootnoverify (hdx,y)* where x,y is drive, partition

* chainloder +1*

when the bootloader comes up you can select what the os you want