From: Rick Stevens [mailto:rstevens vitalstream com]
Sent: 02 December 2003 18:43
To: redhat-install-list redhat com
Subject: Re: xioerrors

Chiu, PCM (Peter) wrote:
> Thanks, Jay and Rick,
>
> ps -ax | grep xfs reveals
>
> nnnn S  X 0:00 xfs -droppriv -daemon
>
> There is a S90xfs in /etc/rc5.d/ which points to ../init.d/xfs
>
> The file protection on XF86Config is rw-r--r--.
>
> Any more ideas?

Can you do a "netstat -lpn | grep xfs" and verify you see something like
(line wrapped for printability):

     unix  2      [ ACC ]     STREAM     LISTENING     2898
	2183/xfs            /tmp/.font-unix/fs7100

- Rick Stevens, Senior Systems Engineer     rstevens vitalstream com -
-              Where there's a will, I want to be in it.             -