MySQl and C++ , off topic, pointers to information requested

This is off-topic, so I'll keep it short. (I'm posting here cos you're
all such helpful and knowledgeable people! <wonder if flattery will get
me anywhere?>)

Can anyone point me in the direction of some good HOW-TO's that relate
to using a MySQl database when programming in C++ in a linux (RH9)
enviroment.

Anything that also includes pointers to programming with C++ and MySQL
in the KDevelop IDE would be of help.

Since it IS off-topic, can anyone that wants to help please reply direct
to me .. I don't mind receiving several answers pointing me to the same
information!
--
Tony Dietrich <td transcc co uk>
Transoft Computer Consultancy Ltd.