xdpyinfo | grep RENDER question

Mark Knecht mknecht at controlnet.com
Wed Apr 28 21:56:52 UTC 2004

Rick Stevens wrote:
> That looks like a difference in your sshd configurations or possibly
> a PATH or other environment setting for user "mark".  Note that you
> were logged into both Jack1 and Jack2 as "mknecht" when you did the
> xdpyinfo commands, and you're going into them as user "mark" via the
> ssh connections.

Rick,
    I logged into Wizard from both machines at the same time. With two
terminals open I execute 'env' and compare the two. No differences
except for the port number in the SSH_CLIENT and SSH_CONNECTION lines,
and that one says it's DISPLAY=localhost:10.0 while the other says 11:0.

    So, I'm still searching around for ideas. Thanks for the help so far.

Take care,
Mark