Plugins

Rick Stevens rstevens at vitalstream.com
Fri Apr 2 21:34:42 UTC 2004

Mugleston, Brad wrote:
> There have been some threads recently on updating Mozilla and getting the plugins moved.  Well, I upgraded Mozilla and sure enough all my plugins disappeared.
>
> I've tried everything, including downloading and installing the new plugins and can't get the Java one to be recognized by Mozilla.
>
> Any suggesting?

It depends on where you installed the new mozilla and where you have the
jdk installed.  Essentially, you go to /usr/lib/mozilla-xx/plugins,
and set up a symlink to the the plugin in the jdk directory.  On my
system (stripped for readability, sorta):

[root at prophead work]# ls -gGd /usr/lib/mozilla*
lrwxrwxrwx    1       11 Mar 17 17:01 /usr/lib/mozilla -> mozilla-1.6

[root at prophead work]# cd /usr/lib/mozilla-1.6/plugins

[root at prophead plugins]# ls -gG
total 1992
-rwxr-xr-x    1      856 Mar 18 10:23 flashplayer.xpt
-rwxr-xr-x    1  1470464 Mar 18 10:24 libflashplayer.so
lrwxrwxrwx    1       79 Mar 18 10:23 libjavaplugin_oji.so ->
/usr/local/j2sdk_nb/j2sdk1.4.2/jre/plugin/i386/ns610-gcc32/libjavaplugin_oji.so

<snip>

Get it?
-         The Navy's a bunch of wimps!  MY job's an adventure!       -