Linux Visibility on Microsoft Network

Rick Stevens rstevens at vitalstream.com
Wed Apr 7 22:34:04 UTC 2004

Wesa, Richard (GE Consumer & Industrial) wrote:
> Rick,
> I have done as you requested. Still can't use the server. I have a feeling that I must join the server to our domain.
> I have not found a command line function to do that yet.

We're going at this from too many angles.  First, can you get to the
swat utility?  Don't bother with the smb.conf file or any of that right
now.  Just get to the swat utility using the instructions below.  Once
you can do that, you can start getting your samba setup correct.

-         "OK, so you're a Ph.D. Just don't TOUCH anything!"         -