Installing UniBasic on ES 3.0

gerry nix gerrynix at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 22 15:36:00 UTC 2004

Hello all,

Hope this is not too off-topic.  I have to install UniBasic
runtime on ES 3.0. It comes with a (what I think we used to
call a "!@*%&!" Dongle)... A box that plugs into a serial port
to give "full functionality" to the software.

I suppose I'll have to add a line in /etc/inittab to get the
OS to "talk to" the serial port. Printed on the box, it only
says it is set for 19200.  Should the following work?

/sbin/agetty 19200 /dev/ttyS1

Or do I need to add the -i -n to supress /etc/issue and login
prompt? When I do the former at the command line, the process
is started. When I add the -i -n, it blows me off the system.

TIA
--
Nix