About Acrobat

mylar micros50 at computer.net
Fri Apr 30 16:58:06 UTC 2004

It's uncanny. I just happen to install the same Acrobat (downloaded from
Adobe) on my Fedora Core 1, I get the exact same error and lo, I read my
mail for this list and there  is the exact same question I was about to
ask.

I figured it has something to do with lack of support in Acrobat for
UTF-8. Okay on the workaround. I'll give it a try. Ultimately however
support for UTF-8 needs  to be added to "acroread".

Also, thank goodness for alternative pdf file viewers like xpdf and
others.

mylar