Question

brad.mugleston at comcast.net brad.mugleston at comcast.net
Fri Aug 6 02:44:49 UTC 2004

On Thu, 5 Aug 2004, jludwig wrote:

> On Wed, 2004-08-04 at 20:08, Kostas Sfakiotakis wrote:
> > Hi Brad ,
> >
> > brad.mugleston at comcast.net wrote:
> > > More update - talked with Comcast today - it was using some chat
> > > software.  They swore that they didn't have a cap on down load
> > > attached file size (well they do have problems at 3M and suggest
> > > you break the file apart).
> > >
> > > So, I tried it using OUTLOOK on my sons computer and it
> > > downloaded a 300K file with no problems so it does seem to be
> > > with fetchmail or something else on my system.
> > >
> > > i'm runnim fetchmail (in a cron file) as
> > > 	fetchmail -v -d 900 --fetchsizelimit 0
> >
> > Well you could try to use
> >
> > #fetchmail -v -v which according to the man page would produce
> >
> > more diagnostic information and possibly we could see there
> > what's kicking .
> >

> > > I just added the filesizelimit but it doesn't seem to help (zero
> > > is suppose to mean no limit).
> > >
> > > Didn't have any other time to play.
> > >
> > > Any suggestions?
> > >
> > > Brad
> > >

> > Regards ,
> >    Kostas

I want to thank everyone for your help, by using the suggestions
on this list I was able to track down where the problem probably
was and what was happening which helped me narrow down my web
search and I found the answer.

Apparently comcast is using a windows server and it's POP3 is not
standard so about 80K though an email download using POP3 it
sends an expected end of file.  To get around this you need to
add the fetchall commnad and now I get my full file downloaded.

One last question and I'll stop.  I've been running my fetchmail
command as a cron job because for some reason it doesn't want to
keep running using the daemon command.

Reading what others posted about fetchmail I though I would
change my setup and run in rc.local using the command "fetchmail
-v -v -l0 -d900" but it doesn't seem to want to start there.

Where do you put your fetchmail command to get it running on
boot?

Thanks,

Brad