eth1: transmit timed out

Rick Stevens rstevens at vitalstream.com
Tue Aug 31 16:35:24 UTC 2004

Tapas Ranjan wrote:
> Hi :
>  	I am using redhat 9.0 with 2.4.20-8 kernel version. I am having
> trouble in connecting to network with PCMCI wireless card. After working
> for a few minutes, it's hanging up until I do the reactivation of
> network. This is what "dmesg" gave me when it hung for a long time :
>
>  NETDEV WATCHDOG: eth1: transmit timed out
>  eth1 : Tx timeout! Resetting card. ALLOCFID=ffff, TXCOMPLFID=ffff, EVSTAT=8000
>
> 	Does anyone familar with simliar kind of problem ?

Most often that sort of error is caused by being on the fringe of a
network area where the connection isn't reliable.  It would be a big
help if you could tell us which PCMCIA card you're using and which
driver loaded for it (do an "lsmod").

If you're running Gnome, there is a wireless strength meter applet for
the toolbar you can use to see how good your connection is with some
cards.  Right click on the toolbar, go to "Internet" and select
"Wireless Link Monitor".

And you really only need to post your question once.
-               500: Internal Fortune Cookie Error                   -