Another Hard Disk

Rick Stevens rstevens at vitalstream.com
Tue Dec 28 00:28:39 UTC 2004

sg at pobox.com wrote:
> Sir,
>
> I want to use old home partition and new disk together and will you please
> explain how to format new hard disk and create partition on new hard disk.

Again, you're not being clear.  Do you want the new disk to replace your
current "/home" or do you want it to extend the current "/home"?  If you
want it to extend the current directory, you must use LVM.  If you
simply want to copy the current /home content to the new drive and then
have it replace the current /home directory, that's easy.
-                    Do you know where _your_ towel is?              -