FC2 - Samba setup

Mark Knecht markknecht at gmail.com
Thu Dec 9 19:56:33 UTC 2004

Hi,
   I got my son a new GQ/Linspire computer yesterday at Frys. $199.
Fan is noisy and not much memory, but boy this is a lot of technology
for $199.

   I booted it with Linspire but it's far too commercial for my tastes
so I've installed FC2 which is now up and running. One nice thing I
saw in Linspire was a little app that I could put in windows workgroup
info and immediately the machine say my wife's Win XP box. I'm having
trouble finding this under FC2 using with Gnome or KDE which are both
on the box.

   What was I seeing and using to do this? The app just asked me what
the workgroup name was and after than everything worked.

   If I need an RPM then where do I go these days to get FC2 RPMs?

   Basically I want to add a printer on this new FC2 box and have that
visible to my wife in the other room, and also to let the two of them
share files between their computers.

Thanks in advance,
Mark