PHP and apache on redhat 9

othman El Moulat othmanelmoulat at menara.ma
Sat Dec 11 20:25:40 UTC 2004

Hi guys;

I suppose that most of the linux distros now a days comes with an apache web
server and a php interpreter...I guess that when installing my redhat 9 box
php and apache were installed and may be also configured ! ...I'm still a
newbie in linux and i want to start development using php under linux...I
want to know where i can find the default directory where apache and PHP were
installed? i want some one to describe me in details how i can run my first
PHP program on a RH 9 box...for example where is the documentroot of the
apache installation where i should store my php progs? etc...

many thanks for helping a newbie :)