Redhat-install-list Digest, Vol 10, Issue 11

Rick Stevens rstevens at vitalstream.com
Mon Dec 13 21:49:12 UTC 2004

Anthony Joseph Deo wrote:
> Nathan,
>
> Thank you very much.  I ddin't realize that there was a separate kernel for dual cpu support.

Actually, you can use the SMP (symmetrical multi processor) kernel on UP
(uniprocessor) machines.  The kernel is a bit bigger than you need and
it isn't as efficient, but it will work.  The UP kernel will only drive
one processor on SMP machines, but again, it will work (as you have
found out).
-              "Swap memory error: You lose your mind"               -