DNS & WEBSERVER

tariq samsudeen tariq.samsudeen at gmail.com
Tue Dec 14 22:15:00 UTC 2004

hi gurus,
i have few doubts, first let me explain my configuration:

# im doing everything on a single machine.
# my domain name is tariq.com (i set the domain name using domainname
command, my domain name is reset everytime i restart the computer, hw
do i make it persistent)
# my host name is ns1 (i set using hostname ns1)...even this get reset
after restart....i hv added it even in hosts file. hw do i mke it
persistent
my host file
127.0.0.1 ns1 localhost.localdomain localhost
# i hv configured dns which is wrking fine...
my named.conf file is

zone "tariq.com" {
    type master;
    notify no;
    allow-query { any; };
    file "tariq.com.zone";
};

my zone file luks like...
@       IN      SOA     ns1.tariq.com. hostmaster.tariq.com.

now i cud access the default website in mozilla using
http://ns1.tariq.com....wht changes shud i mke to access the default
website using www.tariq.com or someother name.....

thanking u in anticipation,
tariq