Kickstart Install via HTTP

RUSHE John (AXA-TECH-UK) John.Rushe at axa-tech.com
Fri Dec 31 08:12:15 UTC 2004

Hi Rick,

Sorry about the disclaimer, alas I don't work in the email team so I am
stuck with it I'm afraid.

The error I get during the kickstart install is:

10.190.111.21:45116 is an invalid hostname

It's almost as if kickstart doesn't recognize the port specification in
the URL. I can reach the directory fine from a web browser. Apache is
running and there are no firewall rules blocking this port/IP
combination.

I have tried switching apache to listen on port 80 and running the
kickstart again (minus the port 45116 in the url) and it works fine so I
am happy that the kickstart itself is ok. Very puzzling....

Regards

John