OT:Apache question

Mark Knecht markknecht at comcast.net
Fri Feb 20 14:56:17 UTC 2004

On Fri, 2004-02-20 at 05:18, Mark Knecht wrote:

> Greg,
>    This suggestion resulted in less Apache happiness on my end:

<SNIP>

> More information about this error may be available in the server error
> log.

Greg,
   The last message was caused by a type at 5AM. (Note to self - don't
type 10 minutes after waking up.)

   Now, with the Options +Indexes in place I get a strange message. when
I try to access

http://marksmusic.myvnc.com/files

I get an alert box saying

wizard.knechthome.com could not be found. Please check the name and try
again.

Wizard is the name in /etc/hostname

192.168.1.26    Wizard.knechthome.com   Wizard

is what's in the /etc/hosts file. I don't run any form of DNS on this
machine, so I suppose knechthome.com is not getting resolved.

How should I change the hosts file? Make it into myvnc.com?
marksmusic.myvnc.com?

Thanks,
MArk