What RPMs are going to be supported with RHEL and RH Prof WS???

Jim Hayward jimhayward at earthlink.net
Fri Feb 20 23:44:26 UTC 2004

On Fri, 2004-02-20 at 14:13, Chris A Czerwinski wrote:

> I'm getting mixed up with all this new and recent terminology?
>
> and with which RHxx3 can I use MySQL or PostgreSQL?
> as I am able to do with RHL9.

Yes. However some of the server packages do not come with RHEL WS.

> And where does Red Hat Prof WS fit in the scheme of things?
> see above from "Under the Brim" and when does it's life cycle end?

RHPW has a 5 year life cycle just like the RHEL products.

> is this the same as   Red Hat Workstation Pro 3 (RHWP3)???

RHPW and RHEL WS include the exact same packages. The level of support
is what is different. The only support included with RHPW is updates.
This is why it is cheaper then RHEL WS. RHPW comes with one year of
updates via RHN. After the first year renewals can be purchased for $60
US per/year.

You can buy RHPW online from Staples for $50. Much cheaper then the $179
for RHEL WS.

Regards,
	Jim H

--