Keybinding errors in Xine

rab rab at nauticom.net
Sat Feb 21 16:15:11 UTC 2004

Manuel Aróstegui Ramirez wrote:

> --- rab <rab at nauticom.net> escribió: > Manuel
>Aróstegui Ramirez wrote:
>

>>>--- Rick Bilonick <rab at nauticom.net> escribió: >

>>installed

>>the

>>>The error message display give you the edit option.
>>>I edited my personal keybindings and then I saved
>>>

>>the
>>

>>>configuration, that's all, it should work.
>>>Cheers
>>>
>>>Manuel Aróstegui Linux user 200896
>>>
>>>_
>>>

>>Why does EVERY keybinding need to be changed? Is
>>there an easier way to
>>fix this? I can't get the editor to make ANY
>>changes.
>>
>>Rick B.
>>

>I don't know why every keybindings need to be change.
>Other solution...maybe remove your ~/.xine will
>restart   your persolan options, and the keybindings
>error will deseapear unless we are talking about a
>package error, have you tried to download from another
>source?
>
>Cheers, Rick
>

>Manuel Aróstegui Linux user 200896

I deleted ~/.xine and now xine opens with no keymap errors BUT won't
play any dvds. I tried apt-get remove and apt-get install but still have
the same problem. (I had installed xine on my laptop using apt-get and
it runs on the laptop although xine has somewhat jerky sound unlike ogle).

What is the best way to fix this? At least xine played dvds before . (I
get a "setroot" error if I try to run ogle.)

Rick B.