Oracle 9.2.0.4 and RH AS 3.0

Chris Hewitt g0pae at manordat.demon.co.uk
Sun Feb 22 11:34:47 UTC 2004

Ray Stell wrote:

>I'd like to receive comments on the implications of the suggested
>changes below proposed by Oracle support.   These are required to get
>the Oracle installer to run on a RH 3.0 system.  I find these rather a
>support nightmare.  If I back down the kernel and glibc, how will Red
>Hat support react?  What will up2date do when it detects this?  Is RH AS
>2.1 a better choice?  Thanks.

Ray,

If you do not get the answers you need here, then you might like to try
the list specifically for Oracle on Linux. Its at
ORACLE-LINUX-L at fatcity.com If you send the word HELP in the body of an
email to ListGuru at fatcity.com (exact case letters) then it will return a
full list of commands. Its a low-volume list.

I have not loaded Oracle on GNU Linux since Oracle 8.0.5 so
unfortunately I am unable to help.

HTH
Chris