Oracle 9.2.0.4 and RH AS 3.0

Michael Ault mikerault at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 22 13:44:39 UTC 2004

--- Ray Stell <stellr at cns.vt.edu> wrote:

> I'd like to receive comments on the implications of
> the suggested
> changes below proposed by Oracle support.   These
> are required to get
> the Oracle installer to run on a RH 3.0 system.  I
> find these rather a
> support nightmare.  If I back down the kernel and
> glibc, how will Red
> Hat support react?  What will up2date do when it
> detects this?  Is RH AS
> 2.1 a better choice?  Thanks.

I would go with 2.1 with the 9i release. Less
headaches for you. When you are ready for 10g (which
is shipping and downloadable for Linux) then go to
3.0.

Mike Ault
Author "Oracle9i RAC", "Oracle10g New Features" for
Rampant Press, www.rampant.cc

=====
Michael R. Ault
Senior Technical Management Consultant