Which Java for RH 9

Chris A Czerwinski chrisczerwinski at cogeco.ca
Wed Feb 25 04:13:21 UTC 2004

I cannot find the proper JAVA for Red Hat Linux 9 when I go to SUN

Here's what I find at SUN

 http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4.2/system-configurations.html

for IA32 Linux : System Requirements : 32-bit: SDK    J2RE

Red Hat 7.3                       Gnome-sawfish 1.0
Red Hat 8.0                       Gnome2-metacity 2.4.2
Red Hat Enterprise Linux WS 2.1   Gnome-sawfish 1.0
Red Hat Enterprise Linux ES 2.1   Gnome-sawfish 1.0
Red Hat Enterprise Linux AS 2.1   Gnome-sawfish 1.0
SuSE 8.0                          Gnome-sawfish 2.0
TurboLinux 7.0                    Gnome-sawfish 1.0
SLEC 8                            Gnome2-metacity 2.4.34

    I ask which version do I use for Red Hat 9.0?
 or
    do I have to download something else?

Another question -
 How do I determine which version of GNOME I am using?

Chris Cz (newbie)