Problems upgrading mkinitrd, oprofile

VB vboyt at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 25 08:03:49 UTC 2004

Hi,
I'm trying to update to mkinitrd 3.5.15.1-2 and
oprofile 0.5.4-3 but get the following:

file /usr/share/man/man8/lvchange.8.gz from install of
lvm2-2.00.08-2
conflicts with file from package lvm-1.0.3-12
(... same type of message repeated with a lot of other
conflicts ...)

**this is when I try to install the lvm2 rpm (which
mkinitrd complains as needing) **

error: Failed dependencies:
        libdb-4.1.so is needed by oprofile-0.5.4-3

** this is when I try to install the oprofile rpm **

Could somebody please point me in the right direction?
 Thanks.