Which Java for RH 9

Leila Lappin damovand at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 26 12:27:48 UTC 2004

Chris,

I use netscape 6.2 as my browser and I never had to
configure the pluggin manually.  In my case all I do
is to install jre binary which you have.  I then get
the pluggin that I need to run Java applets.  As far
as configuring pluggins manually I only did that for
RealPlayer once following the instructions on various
websites.  So I'm afraid I won't know more than you
do.

--- Chris A Czerwinski <chrisczerwinski at cogeco.ca>
wrote:
> On Wed, 2004-02-25 at 19:47, Leila Lappin wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > You can just download the latest j2se and jre
> libs.  I
> > have done this a number of times (for initial and
> > subsequent upgrades) and I never had a problem.
> >
> > Leila
>
> Hi Leila,
>
> I just downloaded j2sdk-1_4_2_03-linux-i586-rpm.bin
> and
> as my last step I need a link in Mozilla for my
> plugin for JAVA to be
> used which has to be done manually - activated ...
> so as su {superuser}
> I did a link
>
> [root at mycomputer chris]# cd /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins
>
> [root at mycomputer plugins]# ln -s

/usr/java/j2sdk1.4.2_03/jre/plugin/i386/ns610-gcc32/libjavaplugin_oji.so

http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4.2/system-configurations.html