Installing Fedora on RH9 (newbie)

Rick Stevens rstevens at vitalstream.com
Fri Feb 27 20:05:29 UTC 2004

You've found _one_ of the right places (also fedora-list at redhat.com).

> I'm still a beginner with Linux after installing RedHat 9 I have to face the
> change to Fedora!
>
> Can someone explain me how to install Fedora on the "old" RH9?
>
> I've installed RH9 alongside Windows 2000.

Just boot the first Fedora CD.  When it asks you, tell it that this is
an _upgrade_, NOT a fresh install.  Voila!

Remember that Fedora Core 1 was originally going to be Red Hat Linux 10.
The install procedure is virtually identical, but much, much prettier!
-                       When in doubt, mumble.                       -