Undelete Files

Jeff Kinz jkinz at kinz.org
Thu Jul 1 18:40:52 UTC 2004

On Thu, Jul 01, 2004 at 04:26:17PM +0530, sg at pobox.com wrote:
> Sir,
>
> I am using RedHat Linux 9 and in GNOME-TERMINAL i have delete a file and now i
> am unable to undelete this file.
>
> Any one having idea how to recover a file which is deleted in GNOME-TERMINAL.

Its pretty unlikely you'll be able to recover your file.
But up on http://www.google.com/linux if your search for "undelete file"
you will find a number of entries.  Some are "pay-for-use" software
packages the purport to undelete files on Linux files systems.

I have no idea if any of them work or not.

If you work in the Gnome file explorer, your deleted files will be
available in the "trash can icon" on your desktop, "Just Like windows".

Best of luck.

--
Jeff Kinz,  Emergent Research,  Hudson, MA.