RH9.0: mppe and the kernel

Rick Stevens rstevens at vitalstream.com
Mon Jul 19 20:33:58 UTC 2004

karlp at ourldsfamily.com wrote:

>>Try this link:
>>
>>	http://pptpclient.sourceforge.net/howto-redhat-90.phtml
>

> Bingo! Thanks Rick. I installed kernel-mppe. I already had the other. I do
> get a corrupted module warning when I do insmod. But, I connected first
> try. That is a good thing.

Corrupted module, version warning or tainted kernel?  Version or taint
I could live with with ye ol' "insmod kernel-mppe >/dev/null 2>&1", but
a corrupted module would make me nervous.  However, if it works, it
works.

Glad to help, Karl.
-         Microsoft Windows:  Proof that P.T. Barnum was right       -