DNS slave servers [WAS Re: Umask and redhat (updated)]

Andrew Kelly akelly at transparency.org
Tue Jul 20 07:42:15 UTC 2004

On Mon, 2004-07-19 at 19:49, Rick Stevens wrote:

> > Oh would you two please stop!
>
> [evil snicker!]
>
> > First Travis gets me all blubbery with a painful bout of homesickness,
> > and now Rick has me picking my "haven't flown in years" scab.
>
> (twirling moustache) Muahahahaha!  "You keep picking at that and it'll
> never get better!"  The only cure for that is to get off the chair and
> go fly.  Pony up the $40 and go take one of those AOPA "Be-A-Pilot"
> intro flights or haul your sorry butt down here to my place and I'll

Sadly, I live in Germany, the Land of Rules and Restrictions and Hugely
Inflated Perceived Worth. A balloon ride for 2 approaches 4 figures in
this berg. For $40 all you can manage is a poor quality recording of
some unisex person pronouncing the word Flugzeug.
It's just not something you can put in your flight book.

> take you up in the '64 Piper Comanche 180.  See:

If I were withing 5 hours of you, I'd already be on the way.
<grumble>

> 	http://www.rhil.net/docs/N8365P.jpeg

Sexy ride. But what's that funny spinny thing on the nose?
:-)
I only have 39 starts and 7 hours of stick time, but I don't recall any
moving parts up front.

> for a jpeg of me in my plane over Lake Havasu (that's London Bridge
> below me).  The camera plane was a Cessna 206.
>
> > You guys make for a tough Monday re-entry, that's for certain.
>
> We try, we try!  ;-)

Perhaps you can atone for your cruelty (and we can stop risking being so
OT).

We've recently completed some projects and ended some business
relationships, and as a consequence I suddenly find myself without any
remote secondary DNS servers. If the farm where ours servers live were
to take a hit, all our domains would fall off the screen. I'd very much
like secondaries in 2 addition remote locations, and would be happy to
provide a reciprocal service.

Can you he'p me out?

Andy