an error occurred when finding the packages to upgrade

Jones, Elton Elton.Jones at thales-esecurity.com
Wed Jul 21 15:56:56 UTC 2004

When upgrading from 7.2 to 8.0 I receive the following error message in
Graphical and text based install:

an error occurred when finding the packages to upgrade

Then the system reeboots.

Although the message come after Boot Loader Configuration

I feel this message is directly related to the section for "Selecting
packages to upgrade".

As the error appears just before I get to this page

http://www.redhat.com/docs/manuals/linux/RHL-8.0-Manual/install-guide/s1-upg
rade-pkgsel.html
<http://www.redhat.com/docs/manuals/linux/RHL-8.0-Manual/install-guide/s1-up
grade-pkgsel.html>

Thanks in advance

Elton

You must not disclose, copy or rely on any part of this correspondence if
you are not the intended recipient.
If you have received this email in error, please delete it from your system
and notify the System Administrator at Thales e-Security +44 (0)1844 201800
or mail postmaster at thales-esecurity.com