Please Help!! - "Kernel Panic - Attempted to kill init!"

Waldher, Travis R Travis.R.Waldher at boeing.com
Fri Jul 23 19:21:36 UTC 2004

Odd... Didn't I ask you to supply that info, TWICE no less?  Why did I
ask?  I've seen Redhat fail to install more than a few times unless the
nousb or noapic switch was used.

Next thing up is, is your system REALLY ok.  As rick said, memory test.
Just because Windows 9x runs on it, doesn't mean that linux will even
boot on it, it also doesn't mean the computer's hardware is ok, which
also means there may be NOTHING wrong with linux itself.

Ever consider those you just slammed (in your initial post), may just be
the ones that have indirect info to help you solve your problems?

K.. Nuff of this, I have better things to do