DNS slave servers [WAS Re: Umask and redhat (updated)]

Rick Stevens rstevens at vitalstream.com
Mon Jul 26 16:13:40 UTC 2004

Andrew Kelly wrote:
> On Fri, 2004-07-23 at 18:42, Rick Stevens wrote:
>

>>Heheheh!  I meant the prop analogy.
>

> How long do you need to repeat "prop analogy" to yourself until it
> becomes unrecognizable nonsense?
> I had it in 18 seconds.
> Hmmmm, I wonder if there's a government funded think tank anywhere in
> the midwest that studies things like that and collates the data.
>
> [Voice of Dr Benson Honeydew of Muppet Labs]
> ...whereas multisyllabic phrase bites of factor 4 or greater, generally
> degrade into meaninglessness within 12 cycles, bla bla bla...
> [sound of breaking glass and a flustered Beaker queeking inanely]
>
> Hey, guess how fierce my cold is getting.

I'm working on a nasty sore throat myself right now.

>>Ah, a sailplane guy.  You've obviously not been in a Grob.
>

> No, but I've coveted a Ventus 2B, so I know where you're going.
> I was just about to lose my back seat when I hung it all up. I sure miss
> it, but right now keeping the lights on is more important.

I can understand that.  I was going to suggest reading by candlelight,
but you need power for email, so that's "right out!"

>>>Thanks, but for commercial solutions I already have enough sources.
>>>I'm only talking about 5 zone files, which contain less than 10 hosts
>>>total. I was thinking about a one-hand-washes-the-other kind of thing.
>>>
>>>Thanks for the effort, though.
>>
>>I'd comp you if I could, but can't sneak that one in.  We use a system
>>we wrote that uses a database instead of zone files.
>

> No harm done, Rick. I can appreciate your situation.
> Hey, if I ever get back to the States, I'm gonna come put a butt print
> in your bird.
> I've printed that mail and I'm going to guild the edges and everything.
> :-)

I'll be waiting, but I think I can do without the gluteus maximus
impression! :-p  No Xeroxes, either, please!
-         We have enough youth, how about a fountain of SMART?       -