NumLock on with boot? How?

Ken M Sexton kmsexton at melbpc.org.au
Sun Jun 13 01:33:53 UTC 2004

My apologies, I was a bit slow in checking e-mails. My question has been
answered. Thanks.

Ken

>   9. Re: NumLock on with boot? How? (Ajai Khattri)

>>I go to enter numbers and don't realize the NumLock is
>>off until I see there are no numbers on my display.
>>Thanks for your help
>
>That's normally a BIOS setting.  I don't know of a way to force it from
>the system.
>- Rick Stevens, Senior Systems Engineer     rstevens at vitalstream.com -
>- VitalStream, Inc.                       http://www.vitalstream.com -

I have the same problem. I am running RH7.2 (which does all I ask of it, so
I have not upgraded. When it fails me then I'll do something about it.)

I have been in and checked the BIOS and it is set for NumLock ON in the
boot options. However once RH boots (it is a dedicated Linux machine)
NumLock is turned off. It is a pain to this not-so-young person who forgets
to check before entering numbers!

Is there a solution within Linux?

Thanks
Ken