lacie "big disk and rh 7.3 SOLVED

chuck lawrence celawrence at lbl.gov
Tue Jun 15 23:42:24 UTC 2004

chuck lawrence wrote:

> I spoke too soon.  72gb in, and it froze again.  I'm going to try an
> even larger number of inodes.  I wish I knew the right number.  anyone
> got any scientific strategies?

the inode max seems to be near what I used previously, 120m.  I tried
240m, and it got set to 122m.  anyone know?  the command again was
"mke2fs -N 240000000".

also, the freezing behavior might be related to bad memory.  it now
refuses to boot, with or without the disk, and using different kernels,
and displays what appear to be memory errors.  I'll run a memory diag
tomorrow.

--

  | charles e. lawrence | lawrence berkeley nat'l lab |

                www-eng.lbl.gov/~lawrence