extra slash when doing network ftp install

Matthew Galgoci mgalgoci at redhat.com
Thu Jun 17 16:40:23 UTC 2004

On Thu, 17 Jun 2004, Roger Hanson wrote:

> I've seen this question posted a couple times but with
> no response.  I
> can't find an answer to it.
>
> I'm trying to install RH9 via ftp network
> installation.  After I enter
> the ftp server and path to iso's, an extra slash gets
> inserted
> eg:
>
> I enter 172.16.1.2 for the site name
> I enter var/ftp/pub/ for the Red Hat directory
>
> and get an error showing:
> ftp://172.16.1.2//var/ftp/pub/RedHat/base/netstg2.img
>
> Is there a way to fix/get around this?

Your url is incorrect and the double leading / is a red herring.

A double / is usually a noop in urls.

Look in your ftp logs to see what file the client was trying to retrieve
versus the actual location of the file relative to the RedHat directory.

--
Matthew Galgoci
System Administrator and Sr. Manager of Ruminants