Newbie question about rmps

Manoel Fraga de Assis Jr gomanel at terra.com.br
Wed Jun 23 21:47:28 UTC 2004

Im not sure about that, but on that files im getting have this folders
estructure:

<Start>

Fedora folder

    |-- base folder
    |    |
    |    |-- hdlist
    |    |-- hdlist2
    |    |-- hdstg2.img
    |    |-- netstg2.img
    |    |-- stage2.img
    |    |-- comps.rpm
    |    |-- comps.xml

RPMS folder

    |-- lots of files.rpm

Headers folder

    |-- lots of files.hdr

Images folder

    |-- pxeboot folder
    |    |
    |    |-- README
    |    |-- vmlinuz
    |    |--initrd.img

    |--README
    |--diskboot.img
    |--boot.iso
    |--rescuecd.iso

Isolinux folder

    |--memtest
    |--vmlinuz
    |--isolinux.bin
    |--boot.cat
    |--isolinux.cfg
    |--initrd.img
    |--splash.lss
    |--...more files.msg

autorun
GPL
README-Accessibility
README-en
RELEASE-NOTES-en
RPM-GPG-KEY
RPM-GPG-KEY-beta
RPM-GPG-KEY-fedora
RPM-GPG-KEY-fedora-rawhide
RPM-GPG-KEY-fedora-test
RPM-GPG-KEY-rawhide
README-en.html
RELEASE-NOTES-en.html
eula.txt

Its looks like that files let me install (if linux instalation didnt change
much from last and only time I installed it)

Let me explain more what I will do.

To start and test the files I will creat a vmware (virtual) to install
linux, before there I will recreate the content of each cd or of the dvd )
that Ican find somewhere at site (I saw it somewhere) if all ok I will
partition my HD and then install Fedora.
To access the files that are in my windows partition I will start a FTP or
put on my IIS via http...then call the installation from there or from the
cds (i want to test all the ways of installation...thats other reason to use
vmware now, that way I can creat and delete the virtual hds partitions very
fast.

I hope now I made me understud heheh

Thx for the help...

[]s Manoel

Ps.:
 I used nero and burd from image aye, just didnt work...tryed to used the
boot.iso cd i made from nero, wich worked, to do linux medeacheck of the cds
but for some reason the installation started from the boot: prompt and didnt
let me know any info of MD5SUM of the CDS.

Also forgive my english