Printer sharing and internet speed

Danesh Daroui Danesh.D at bredband.net
Mon Jun 28 12:25:22 UTC 2004

Hi all,

I use Fedora 2 and it is installed successfully. I have two major problems

1- I have locally connected two printers (Canon BJC3000 color inkjet and HP LaserJet 1010) to a system which has Fedora 2. This system supposed to act like a Print Server on my LAN. I used SAMBA, SWAT and all daemons are installed and loaded and there seems not to be any problem. I have shred these two printers via SWAT on the LAN. All Printers can be detected by all clients on LAN and also they work fine on my Print Server with Fedora 2 and they both print good. But, my first printer which is Canon Inkjet does not accept any priniting job from other clients. For example if I send even a Test Page from one of my clients to the Canon Inkjet nothing happens and actually it doesn't work on my LAN. Other printer, works fine on my LAN, but sometimes when my document is large, for example a 20 pages PDF, it crashes and it doesn't work very good. I am very tired of these problem and the reason I formatted my system which had Fedora 1 and migrated to Fedora 2 was this, and now I have still this problem. I am thinking to migrate to Slackware Linux, however I like Fedora 2. Please help me, any tips or whatever...

2- I have a 10 MB/s DLS internet connection and all my systems are connected to the internet via a DLink Switch which is connected to my DSL MODEM and they have a great speed while there upload or download to or from internet. My Linux system is connected to the switch too in the exactly same situation, but its connection speed is awful and very very slow. I have enabled firewall on my Linux system, but whatelse could I do ? Please help me...

Regards,

Danesh Daroui