Interrupts from floppy on lap-top

Rick Stevens rstevens at vitalstream.com
Mon Mar 1 19:00:31 UTC 2004

Manuel Aróstegui Ramirez wrote:
>>From: Graeme Nichols <gnichols tpg com au>
>>To: "redhat-install-list redhat com"
>><redhat-install-list redhat com>
>>Subject: Interrupts from floppy on lap-top
>>Date: 01 Mar 2004 13:06:33 +1100
>

> Graeme Nichols wrote:
>

>>Hello Folks,
>>
>>My lap-top is a generic unit based on the SIS
>
> chipset. >It has a P3 1G
>
>>cpu. RH8 os.
>>
>>My question is this: when I mount the floppy
>
> sometimes >when I am trying
>
>>to work with files on it and I am typing on the
>>command line I get a
>>message, which interferes with my typing, saying
>>something about an
>>unexpected interrupt from the floppy.
>>
>>Any ideas anyone?
>>
>>--
>>
>>Kind regards,
>>
>>Graeme Nichols
>

> What's the exactly error you get when you're working
> with your floppy?
> Isn't your floppy corrputed?, have your tried to work
> with on an other machine?

If it's the (stupid) "Spurious 8253 interrupt" message, you can ignore
it.  If it bothers you, you can edit /etc/syslog.conf and make sure that
the line that reads:

	kern.*                  /dev/console

is commented out.  If it is, I'd need to see the message.  If it isn't,
comment it out and do an "/etc/rc.d/init.d/syslogd restart".
-           Vegetarian:  Old Indian word for "lousy hunter"          -