Andrew, Bob, Rick(s), IAK, ...

Andrew Kelly akelly at transparency.org
Fri Mar 5 07:14:41 UTC 2004

On Fri, 2004-03-05 at 06:45, Ninux wrote:
> Thank you all for your very kind help!
> Ciao,
> Nino

Hey, glad to help.
I see in other posting that you've got things more or less sorted.
I agree with (was it Rick?) that /usr is tight, but you've only got 4
gigs or so to work with so you're a bit constrained. You probably did an
"everything" install, though, didn't you?
If you're worried about space you could always re-install and select
fewer packages. If you were to do without the development code for  the
Kernel and windows managers and stick to just one or two languages
(locale), you'd probably gain back 20% or better of your disk.

Or better yet, take back your hdb1 and put it where it belongs. You're a
grown up now, it's time to stop playing with toys.
:-)

If you want to have some fun and learn a bit of intermediate "stuff"
about running a Linux box, have a look at LVM. That's a kicker, that.

Andy