Do rpm's from fedora work for rh9 and vice versa?

Jim Hayward jimhayward at earthlink.net
Tue Mar 9 17:12:43 UTC 2004

On Tue, 2004-03-09 at 06:58, Chuck Campbell wrote:
> Well, subject says it mostly.  Can I use a FC1 rpm on my rh-9 system, and
> if I do, will I be heading toward an upgraded system, or a bollixed one?

Using binary RPMS between different versions can be hazardous to your
systems stability. ;-)

> When rh9 support ends, is it sane to just apply FCx rpms for bug/security
> fixes, or do I need to face a full clean fc1 install?

I think you might be interested in the Fedora Legacy Project. Quoted
from the website...

"The goal of The Fedora Legacy Project is to work with the Linux
community to provide security and critical bug fix errata packages for
select End of Life Red Hat Linux and Fedora Core distributions. This
will allow for a longer effective life for those releases."

http://fedoralegacy.org/

Regards,
	Jim H

--