O2Micro OZ6912 card bus

jim j_marvin at localnet.com
Sun Mar 14 11:38:16 UTC 2004

Hi-

I went to the O2Micro website and they brag about being windows
certified
and I searched the pdf file and didn't see the word linux even once.

Here is an email off the PCMCIA web site.  It is kind of unclear to me.
It says I think it should be fixed and then goes on to say someone would
be required to fix it.  I am stuck with this card and I need it to work
because I am getting cable internet installed and that uses a network
card.

Anyone have any luck with this card?  I tried the linux laptop page
and didn't see any configuration notes for my notebook model.

That and the keyboard freezing are the first 2 potential issues.

I have had it explained to me that the hardware vendors go with
microsoft
and don't pay attention to linux.  So far the people that told me that
are correct.

Here is a thought.  What if I stick to dial up and don't use the network
card.  Can I circumvent this issue then?  Or is it fixed now and no
longer
an issue?

thanks for helping a new user,
marvin

Interrupt routing on O2Micro CardBus bridges seems to have problems.
  Toshiba ToPIC97 bridges also seem to have problems, particularly
  with Cardbus cards.

Prognosis: I think the O2Micro problems should now be fixed.  For
  the ToPIC problem, Toshiba does not seem willing and/or able to
  provide adequate help, so I've mostly given up on it.  For both the
  O2Micro and ToPIC problems, fixes would require someone with device
  driver experience and the relevant hardware to work on it: data
  sheets are available, and I can make suggestions of things to try,
  but I can't debug the problems by email.