linux rescue - keyboard freezes

Bob McClure Jr robertmcclure at earthlink.net
Mon Mar 15 00:18:45 UTC 2004

On Sun, Mar 14, 2004 at 06:58:57PM -0500, jim wrote:
> hi -
>
> >> any ideas (besides selling my brand new red hat book) ??
>
> i am going to return my book.
> if the fedora rescue utility wont work there is no way i am messing
> with this operating system.  i believe it is a hardware issue.
> the next pc i buy i will consider a linux system that is compatible.
> to be honest though i wanted to dual boot so i could
> gradually make the transition and not get shocked all at
> once.
>
>  thanks ,
>  marvin

Don't throw in the towel just yet.  There are several experts that
frequent this list, but not usually on weekends.  (Rick Stevens, call
your office. :-) Either wait for them to collect their weekend mail,
or re-post your problem on Monday.  Ain't nuthin' perfect (not even
Linux), but there's likely help enough here to get you started.

I'm not that bright, but here's my first shot at your problem, as best
as I recall it.  Get into your BIOS and try toggling the state of
"legacy USB support", that is, if it was on, turn it off.  That may
not be applicable to your problem, given that you are using an
external PS/2 keyboard, but, well, I said I wasn't that bright.  There
are more clues (which may or may not help) at

http://www.rhil.net/docs/faq.html#install_dies

Cheers,
robertmcclure at earthlink.net  http://www.bobcatos.com
Life is short.  Pray hard.