using parted with xp ntfs

Ken Scott kens at geodax.com
Mon Mar 15 13:53:05 UTC 2004

On Mon, 2004-03-15 at 04:45, jim wrote:
> [...]
One data point of positive experience.  I used the NTFS resizing utility
(not parted, I believe it was Cfdisk or something like that) in the
Live-CD Knoppix distribution to successfully resize my laptop NTFS Win
XP partition so I could load linux on the last 20 GB.  It was a new PC
and I did a scandisk and defrag prior to the attempt at resize. Good
Luck.

Ken